Hortonworks Introduces Operational Services to Simplify and Accelerate the Journey to Data-Driven Insights
"At its heart, Hortonworks Operational Services is designed to reduce complexity when building, deploying and managing big data, whether it is on-prem or in the cloud," said
Industry analysts recognize the challenges many organizations face as they endeavor to gain insights and drive growth through the power of their data. A managed data service can provide valuable support both in the initial creation and the ongoing management and maintenance of a modern data platform.
"Managing Hadoop-based distributed systems may be difficult for many enterprises, particularly those lacking the operational expertise or resources to hire skilled personnel," said
Hortonworks Operational Services will provide subscribers with valuable new services, including:
- Architecture and ongoing management to simplify the deployment of big data
Hortonworks Operational Services helps organizations with both the initial architecture and ongoing management of their big data platform. In removing the complexity of building, executing and managing a big data deployment, organizations can instead allocate more time toward developing their own critical data-driven applications.
Customers also receive:
- 24/7/365 support for HDP and HDF environments
- Configuration, management and maintenance for HDP components
- Multi-tenancy management within the cluster
- Capacity planning and forecasting
- Quarterly on-site architecture review
- Tailored support on select use cases
- Proactive management and maintenance to ensure reliability
Organizations can be confident of the operational continuity of production environments with proactive maintenance and issue management provided by Hortonworks Operational Services.
- Around-the-clock monitoring and incident management
- Weekly summary reports and review calls with dedicated
- Ongoing capacity monitoring and reporting
Hortonworks Operational Services also helps ensure reliability of HDP/HDF environments by applying the latest upgrades and patches, hotfixes, failover testing, multi-tenant management and root cause analysis.
With this high level of continuous platform support, customers can focus their teams on devising the best ways to understand and utilize their data, while the Hortonworks Operational Services team manages and maintains the platforms.
- Agility and flexibility to accommodate future data needs
As enterprises grow in size and expand their geographic reach, many require more capacity and capability to support their data objectives. Hortonworks Operational Services can support companies as they continue down the path of their data journey by offering:
- Interoperability of new data clusters with the existing data architecture
- Replication management and backup of data assets for multiple geographic sites
- Proactive failover testing to preserve continuity of data resources
With these capabilities, Hortonworks Operational Services offers customers a blend of deep expertise in data management services and support that creates operational efficiencies from ongoing proactive monitoring and maintenance. And with more than 1,300 customers employing
"As a leader in global data management, enterprises can depend on